Francesca's Poncho

Thursday, February 5, 2015

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho

francescas, poncho
Coat: Nordstrom Rack // Francesca's: Poncho // Gloves: H&M // Jeans: Forever 21 // Bag: Mad Style c/o my pal the Sportsanista // Hat: Sole Society

How is tomorrow already Friday? Oh yes, I know. This week started with a snow day and then an extra blizzard on top of the previous blizzard. Then I think we just plowed though (pun intended) in hopes of the weekend coming faster. I think it worked.

I picked up this Poncho over at Francesca's in Lincoln Park. Pretty much anytime I wear this or any other poncho to school all I hear the whole day is "teacher, you look like a cowgirl." I guess they are more familiar with the Mexican cowgirls in the hood I teach in.  Ponchos are such an easy and comfy choice. They are just as warm as a sweater but have a little more personality, like say the personality of a Mexican cowgirl...?

I own this Nordstrom Rack coat in two colors and love the contrasting faux-leather panels. This Sole Society hat has been on major repeat lately too. It was a gift from my husband which he gave to me by wearing it when I walked into the room.  He knows how to make me laugh, that one.

One more day til Friday everyone! I'm super excited for this weekend because it's finally time for a treat! I've been sticking to a Whole30 diet pretty strictly for 35 days now and it's time for a little doughnut therapy. The problem really is do I go to Stan's or Firecakes? It's such a momentous occasion that maybe I should get one from each? Any suggestions? Either way I'm going to feel like crap after eating them so I might as well go out with a bang!




2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous look Jill! I am jealous of those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying over that coat!! I want it in Navy! I just realized my extensive coat collection does not have a navy coat.. BAH! Must fix this. Will have to swing by NRack. And loooove the hat story!! LOL. Oh Andrew..

    ReplyDelete