Bellacor Playroom Renovation

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Before we had the baby, I had grand plans of finishing the basement before she arrived (you can see the hideous "before" pictures of the basement here), but many people told me it couldn't be done and then would be even harder once she arrived. With a lot of determination and hard work, especially on Andrew's part because he built all the furniture that I was too pregnant to get on the floor and help build, and painted all the walls when I couldn't be around the fumes, we managed to squeeze in the necessities of the room before she arrived! 

The room is not "done" by any means but we managed to paint the walls in Benjamin Moore's White Dove, a perfect warm white. We got hardware for the built-ins, built the bookshelf and moved all of Andrew's books over to it, and assembled and styled the console table and side table before she arrived. The rest of the decor will come later. And if you remember I'm still waiting on the couch cover to come back from getting dyed. Goodbye old red couch!

All the white furniture that Bellacor sent over is from the Manhattan Comfort line and is well under $100 a piece! Thank you to Bellacor for sponsoring this post and making my boring basement look fresh and new!

stenciled wall, play room neutral, benjamin moore white dove
This cute and modern Manhattan Comfort brand side table is used as TV stand. I got these baskets from Target for Athena's toys that she will one day have. Also this super soft pillow that she loves falling asleep on (as do I). I stenciled the wall like I mentioned I wanted to back in the plans for this room.

table decor, shelf styling, faux flowers, eco flowers
Flowers that never die c/o my friends over at Eco-Flower!

lorena canals abc rug, bellacor Manhattan comfort bookshelf, white bookshelf
 A new bookshelf for all of Andrew's books and the cutest Lorena Canals washable rug (c/o)

mid century chair, circle mirror, hot pink paints painting, benjamin moore white dove
The circle mirror is from Target, as is the rug, lamp and planter. The mid-century chair is from Haute Look. This Manhattan Comfort piece is actually a TV stand but I think it works great as an entry table for a sleek statement piece when you come down to the basement. I also included one of my paintings that I custom made for the room (@HotPinkPaints).




1 comment:

  1. Jill! This is amazing. I love how this space turned out - so serene. I can't believe you got all this done and had a baby, super woman! :)

    ReplyDelete