The Biggest Comeback of my Life

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Pink adidas, rebecca minkoff mini mab, vintage scarf, dreamdry new york, red hair

Pink adidas, rebecca minkoff mini mab, vintage scarf, dreamdry new york, red hair

Pink adidas, rebecca minkoff mini mab, vintage scarf, dreamdry new york, red hair

Pink adidas, rebecca minkoff mini mab, vintage scarf, dreamdry new york, red hair

Pink adidas, rebecca minkoff mini mab, vintage scarf, dreamdry new york, red hair

Photos by my amazing friend Ashley

Summer is coming to an end. A big end. Every summer as a teacher is so bittersweet but this time around it's way different. 

So as most of you know, I was teaching in Chicago in 2015 but had to leave 3 months into the school year to move here to SLC. NOTHING I've experienced in teaching is heartbreaking then leaving a group of kids you absolutely adore. I seriously cried the entire last day as current students and former students came to visit, drop off cards and come wish me well. It was all so bitter sweet and certainly a different dynamic than leaving the last day of school in the summer. Then, the kids are just as ready to go as you are, but mid November is a different story.

So you've heard about the end, but what about the beginning?  It's such an exciting time for both the teachers and students. I know so many teachers who have trouble sleeping the night before a new school year begins, and even more who have dreams about school as the summer comes to a close.

Now here I am, two school years later, going back after the biggest career break of my life! I'll be at a brand new school, well kind of. I was subbing there before I was pregnant and at the beginning of my pregnancy until I was too sick to continue. I'll be going back to a classroom that I had subbed in many times and loved, so the comfort level is already pretty great.  I seriously can't wait to get back to it. To have a routine, and structure to my day is something I thrive on so I'm looking forward to having that back in my life. I love packing lunches and meal planning for the week. It's even more fun now that I get to pack Athena's tiny breakfasts and lunches too!

So while all of you are sending your kids back to school thinking how nervous you are for them, just know on the other side there is a teacher who is just as anxious to meet them, teach them and start their little happy classroom community! I'm ready to fall hard for my new 4th graders!





3 comments:

  1. It's awesome you're going back to do one of your passions! Good luck!

    Sincerely, Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting bunny! Good luck and best wishes for a fabulous 1st day back at school! You're going to be great and those kiddos are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny? Did I miss a new nickname??

      Delete