Fitting Room Picks From the 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Thursday, July 12, 2018


Welcome to most fabulous sale of the summer. It's the only sale that gets me excited to buy sweaters when its 95 degrees outside. Alot of people have been asking me what the big deal is about this sale and is it worth the hype. 

The N-sale, as it has been nicknamed/hashtaged, is when brand new, full priced Fall merchandise from all over the entire store goes temporarily on mega sale, and when the sale is over, the prices go back up. So the short answer is, yes, it's totally worth it. I like to think of this as my back to school shopping splurge. A time when I can gather some great fun work pieces for the upcoming school year at a fraction of the price. The early access portion started today which is for cardholders only but will open to the public soon. 

So let's get started! I went in at 7AM before the store opened and tried on all the things I had my eye on. Many were selling out in store in just hours. My advice to you is if you are even considering an item, buy it. You can always return it but you wont get over that sting of regret.


Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
Totally had my eye on this Topshop Cardigan. I wound up buying the Charcoal color in a size 2 because it runs majorly big. This one will sell out fast as the Topshop cardigans tend to do every year.

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
These little Zella leggings were a little outside my norm, but were really cute, high-waisted and has some fun mesh detailing that didn't make them look like I just had "naked" legs. This Adidas top would be great to throw on for a workout and was super lightweight. I'm wearing a M but could have easily done a S. 

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This top was not part of the sale but it was just too cute and really looked like a Rebecca Taylor piece but this was only $49! These are the MVP of the sale jeans I was talking about in my stories. We all bought them as well as all the girls in the fitting room after seeing me try them on. Usually $130 but the sale brings them down to $89!

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
Who doesn't like a good striped tee? This one has a nice bit of thickness to it but not too stiff. It comes in so many fun color options too. And obviously, the jeans with the magic pockets again! 

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This red moto jacket is such a fun statement piece to go over work tops as well as jackets. It's soft and has a bit of stretch to it so it's more comfy than faux-leather.

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This button-up is exactly what I would wear under that red jacket and plan to with skirts and pants for school.

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This color block sweater is totally me. A good pop of color and still a little more interesting than the average sweater. It comes in 3 colors if black in white is more your thing. 

The next two are both Madewell tops. The blue one above has buttons down the back. The floral one below has a cool-girl Tommy Bahama vibe to it that works for the summer. I gave it a little tie in the front but it was not made into the shirt that way.

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This sweater literally sold out in store in 2 hours. By the time I got to the register it was completely gone. If you want this one, grab it online quick!

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This dresswas my favorite buy of the sale. The fabric is like satin but without the cheesy shine. It moves beautifully and the floral print is perfect for fall. It also comes in a teal color and I'm pretty sure it will be gone quick. I think I got the last one of this dress in store!

Also since I havent mentioned much about the shoes, you have probably noticed there were two pairs that stood out. The snake skin pointed-toe flats thats I'm wearing with pretty much every outfit above and the white booties I'm wearing with the dress. Sandy and I actually each bought them both! Seriously the leather is so high-end looking but both are at amazing price points for the quality.

Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
This sweater was just too good to pass up. The cute ruffle detail and the balloon sleeve arms kicked this staple up a notch. I got a medium and it's selling out so so fast so scoop this one up if you can.



Cardigans, topshop, N-sale, Fall fashion, Tall girl, madewell jeans, Nordstrom anniversary sale 2018, sweaters jeans, adidas
Last but not least, I couldn't leave out these Adidas. Honestly I would have gotten them since the price is so good but I literally already own 3 pairs so I practiced self control. They are a great staple and I love how the tan color (also in black) makes them look more grown up than your average sneaker.

There you have it. The fruits of my 4 hr shopping extravaganza. feel free to shoot me an email of DM if you have any questions. And you can also see all this in my Stories on Instagram as well as in the Highlights.



No comments:

Post a Comment