Soulstice Retreat

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,
About a month ago I was lucky enough to attend the most amazing health and fitness retreat in my own state of Utah! If you are unfamiliar with Albion, I suggest you visit their site. I have been a fan of their fitness gear and adorable swimwear since back when I was living in Chicago. I remember on our first visit out here I made a point of visiting their only stand-alone store in City Creek Mall, which lucky for me is only a quick drive from my house now. I had admired how the company worked to bring women and the community together in a goal of living a happy, healthy life full of adventure. 

Any one who knows me knows this is something that I hold dear. I've been an enormous fan of trying any workout that comes out and exposing as many people as I can to it. I've also been a Girls on the Run coach and site coordinator for 5 years helping my female students learn the power of living a healthy lifestyle.

Since moving here, Albion has welcomed me with open arms. They have workshops in store that I have attended and helped me meet people in this new city of ours. I've met some great women and am totally inspired by their mission. 

I knew about their Soulstice Retreat from last year via social media and was set on going this year considering I live here now. So the first thing I did was book my spot within the first few weeks we moved here which was way back in December! I had been looking forward to it ever since.

The Soulstice Retreat was 4 days of amazingness. There were fitness classes, workshops and speakers that all made my heart happy. And the best part was meeting women who shared the mindset of living a happy, healthy life. Women that weren't afraid to fly out from across the country and show up alone  with a non-judgmental comfortable-in-their-own-skin vibe ready to meet new people and experience something unforgettable.  

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,
After checking in to the gorgeous Stein Eriksen Lodge, I was brought to my room with this gorgeous view and my own personal hot tub on the balcony that they were nice enough to make cooler so that I wouldn't roast my baby! This tub was used every night and was so relaxing to look up at the stars and soak at the end of every night! 

We were also given amazing swag bags filled with goodies from so many new brands that I learned so much about over the 4 days. One that has become a favorite in the following weeks was the Crio Bru ground coco beans which has been a great alternative to this coffee lover while pregnant. Did I mention it even has health benefits and natural energy as well as smelling like chocolate without all the calories? So Yummy!

There was also a booth where were able to pick out a pair of Tom's sunglasses that have become my favorite this summer. They are super lightweight and really cute.

I'd have to say the best part was the $400 Albion gift card in the registration packet that we could use at any of the pop up shops they had throughout the retreat. A few of my favorites that I picked out were this jacket that was super useful with the chilly mornings and nights up in Deer Valley. Also I scooped up these two swim suits that are super interchangeable and the palm print top doubles as a sports bra! 

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,


soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,
The first night there was a beautiful white party to welcome all the guests to the retreat, just under 100 of us. The table scape was stunning, as was the patio and the sunset view. By the end of this evening I had already met so many fun new people and had a great time.

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,
The next morning I walked over to my fist workshop which happened to be my favorite of the Retreat, A floral arranging class with Soil and Stem! On the way there I passed by this set-up for aerial yoga on the deck! Not a bad view for yoga, huh?

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge,

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge, soil and stem
When I arrived at the outdoor class, I was greeted by this adorable set-up and then this fantastic spread of floral options that was almost too overwhelming to decide what flowers to use.

soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge, soil and stem


This was my finished product. Nicole, of Soil and stem taught me more than I had ever known about floral arranging and I can confidently say I'm alot better at it since this workshop.
soulstice retreat, albion, fit, deer valley, stein Eriksen lodge, soil and stem

I wish I could say I took my pictures from the retreat but after the first morning I was too busy having fun and enjoying the company of my new-found friends that I kind of forgot to keep taking pictures. So if this snippet from the fist 24 hours of the retreat has you curious, take a look here and start daydreaming for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment