Nursery Reveal

Friday, September 30, 2016

I'm so excited to finally share our nursery with you today. It's quickly turned into one of our favorite rooms in our house and in true "Jill" form it was done pretty much weeks ago! It may have been done even faster if I was able to paint, but I had to have Andrew do the tedious job all on his own.

When I say tedious, I'm talking about the mountains. This room started off a boring shade of beige and I had the grand idea of painting huge wrap-around mountains on the walls in non-girly shades. We needed three shades of gray to complete the mountains and I love the way it turned out. (Even if it was a huge pain in the butt.) I taped off the design and Andrew filled it in. The project was kind of like a giant paint-by-number. In the end it is the perfect subtle kick for the room. 

We really wanted a theme that meant something to us, and really, why else did we move to Utah if it wasn't for the beautiful mountains? So we really liked bringing that idea into the nursery.


mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery
Ive said it before, but every one of my design ideas starts with one inspiration piece. This time around it was this Milk blanket by Spearmint Love. I was obsessed with it long before I was pregnant and told myself even if I'm having a girl I'm buying this blue blanket. It also comes in pink so if that's more your speed, you can get it here. What a cute baby gift it would make!

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery

I love to come hang out down here and turn on her white noise machine and diffuser with the softest little night light on the bottom. Perfect relaxation space.

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery
I feel like all I see is white cribs so I wanted to go for something a little bolder and not so all together girly. This dark gray one was perfect for the room.

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery
These two little pieces of furniture were our old entertainment center in Chicago. My girlfriend Brittany turned me on to this Valspar Furniture paint that required no sanding at all and we painted them both to match the walls. Funny detail about these pieces is that they are from an old used hotel furniture store in Chicago, but they are old mini-bar holders. They have a ton of storage space inside. currently they are filled with diapers and wipes.

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery
I found these cute little hooks at Anthropologie on sale, all we had to do was paint the heart in the middle for a sweet little DIY storage spot.

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery
So how perfect was it that this wall had built-in shelving when we moved into the house? It made the decision of where to put the changing table a no-brainer. I got the gray baskets from At Home.

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery, gray crib
One of my favorite touches in this room is the super special little bookshelf that my Father-in-Law made. It has all of Andrew's siblings' initials carved into the side. I just love things like that, when furniture has meaning behind it. 

mountain mural walls nursery, baby girl, Gray nursery, neutral nursery

I hope you liked the nursery. Let me know if you would be interested in seeing the step-by-step process of getting the mountains on the wall. I took pictures and video all the way through.

Also special thanks to my awesome friend Sandy who took these pictures. They are so special to me.

Pink Rug: Rugs USA
Mountain Shelf 
Milk Blanket: Spearmint Love
Pink Wink Pillow: By My Dear Hazel from the Craft Lake City festival
Crib: Wayfair
"I" and "U" Hooks: Anthropologie 
Diffuser: Target
Lamp: World Market
"Athena" Banner made by friends in Chicago for my shower there







6 comments:

  1. I love it! Nice work, you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! All the hard work was all Andrew!

      Delete
  2. It's PERFECT!!! Love it, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matia! Hard to compete with your minty perfection for miss Caroline's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jill this turned out gorgeous! I love the colors and that paint job is pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! It was a pretty great team effort!

      Delete