Modern Neutrals in the New Kitchen

Monday, January 11, 2016

emmerson-table-cheaper-west-elm
All this natural light has made the kitchen one of my favorite spots to hang out, as well a perfect place for my plants that need a lot of light! This circle mirror is part of the mineral springs collection at Target, which I pretty much had to stop myself from buying every single piece they had!


dining, table, bench
We originally wanted the Emmerson Dining table from West Elm, but the surface was uneven and unfinished, which we didn't think would be very practical in the long run. I wanted something we could easily wipe down. We then found this Champagne dining set from Macy's that was smooth and in a beautiful finish and you could order in a bunch of different seating variations! The best part was it was even cheaper than the Emmerson!

flowers, hydrenga
Our new home has an accent wall of exposed brick in the kitchen which I think helped me move towards a warmer color palette for the space. I've never really been a huge brown fan but all this wood looks great with a ton of sun and a charming brick wall. (similar fruit bowl here for under $10)

nate, berkus, fringe, pom, pom, curtain
The fringe on these Nate Berkus curtains was the perfect touch to the edges of these panels. Just plain white would have been too stark, so I'm glad they had a little something to add visual interest and texture and at such a great price point too!


succulent, terrarium, kitchen
I'm pretty obsessed with this succulent terrarium. It's the focal point of our dining table and its so fun to watch evolve. In our Chicago apartment we pretty much watched every plant die in a short amount of time due to lack of sunlight. Here in Salt Lake, they are thriving!

This rug was such a cheap score so I won't feel too bad if someone drops red sauce on it. Whose idea was it to put rugs under kitchen tables anyway? Doesn't seem smart, but sure is pretty.

kitchen, tea, towels, decor
Grabbed these cute towels at the Randolph Market the weekend before we moved. It was pretty much the inspiration piece that drove the kitchen's style!

cutting, board, martha, stewart
I adore this slanted cutting board that easily allows me to scoop and slide cut veggies into pans. The wood's pattern is so pretty, I decided to display them!

modern neutrals in the kitchen



So here's the breakdown of all the stuff we bought so far to spruce up this kitchen and make it feel more like it's our own. We are still waiting on the lighting fixture but that is the exact one we got. I'll be revealing some new parts of the living room soon to come on the blog. Let me know what you think. 




6 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE your new kitchen! You're home is already so perfect and you've been there less than two months!

    Miss you boo,

    Ashley || Sed Bona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work fast! Haha! Miss you so much Ashley! xoxox

      Delete
  2. Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful! Love the neutral colors your used!

    Miss seeing you around Chicago girl!
    - Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. Miss seeing you around as well. Hope you are surviving Chicago winter!

      Delete
  3. Gaaaaaah i looove that brick wall!!! Such a pretty space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shavonda! You have such great home style as well. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete