First Day in Utah

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

As some of you may have seen via Instagram and Facebook, my husband and I recently took a mini-getaway to the mountains. 

It was for a combination of things, really. Our two-year wedding anniversary was the 8th of October; my birthday was the 22nd of October, and Andrew wanted to run a half marathon in the state he was born: Utah.

So this is were it all began! Park City, UT had great accommodations since it was the off season, so we stayed in a ridiculously fancy suite for less than $200 a night! We then went to visit the state capitol building, and then do a little shopping at City Creek Mall in Salt Lake City. A lovely way to begin our vacation. 

Stay tuned this week for more from our mountain adventure!








Sweater: J Crew Factory
Jeans: Theory
Shoes: Zara
Purse: Target
Necklace: J Crew
Puffy vest: J Crew (old, but love this one)

4 comments:

  1. I love this look! I like the stripes with the polka dots. That's about the extent of my ability to pattern mix haha!
    Also need to say that your hair looks amazing in these pictures. How do you style it?

    xo Ashton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aston! I think the trick to my hair looking this nice on this one particular day was that I had an abundance of time to fiddle with it unlike most days where I do my hair in the morning then my blog pictures are taken after working all day. Not to mention the crazy wind Its usually facing in the Chicago outdoors. I straighten it with a huge round brush and then curled the ends outwards with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. Also that cool mountain hair helped too. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Utah is not a place I would ever think to visit, but it sounds lovely and these photos are gorgeous. I can't imagine having those mountains in my backyard.

    Love this adorable print mix - cute casual travel outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. I told my self if bloggers Pink Peonies and Ivory Lane can look that amazing and live there then it cant be that bad. Turns out it's pretty awesome. Not that I'm turning my back on Chicago any time soon!:)

      Delete