Lips Sweater

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm almost certain this H&M sweater is sold out. The whole lip shirt trend has been very clear to me since this Markus Lupfer one made its way down the Nordstrom Trend Show runway this past September. 

I picked up this spot-on look-alike (spotted all over the fashionable ladies on Instagram) for my friend Amy at a sliver of the price. She has been in love with the runway version since first sight. Take a look at a whole slew of lip print tops down below!

Although this lip sweater was a super amazing find for just under $20, the real highlight of this post is my favorite pink coat. I have lost some weight since I got it last year and it was looking boxy and unflattering so I took it in to the super-talented tailors over at Frank's Alterations. I was a little scared to hand it over, but for just $35 and a week's worth of waiting, I got my coat back looking better than ever. Moral of the story is that if you have a piece you truly love but something about it just isn't right, let a tailor do what they do best and you just might find you can love your clothes even more than you ever imagined.

If you live in the Chicagoland area I totally recommend Frank's Alterations. They are fast, reasonably priced and do amazing work. Give them a try!

pink, j crew, coat


lip, sweater

urban, outfitters, booties


Sweater: H&M/ Plaid shirt: J. Crew (borrowed from Amy)/ Bracelet: LOFT/ Jeans: Theory/ Booties: Urban Outfitters/ Glasses: c/o Firmoo/ Jacket: J. Crew Symphony coat (similar)


5 comments:

  1. It's always good to have a trusty tailor!! That coat is so fun, too! I love how you're not afraid to wear colors!
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving, lady!

    xo April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy yours as well. Not a color out there btw that I'm scared of! The bolder the better in my book.

      Delete
  2. I for one, would really love to have your pink coat!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those glasses, especially with that outfit.

    ReplyDelete