Yellow Silk and Houndstooth Plaid

Monday, January 20, 2014

I've mentioned before that yellow is my second favorite color, which explains why my house is painted bright yellow... and of course pink. It also explains why I needed to round out my silk blouse collection with this yellow beauty.

These Joe Fresh blouses are my favorite simply because they make a great substitution for the Equipment version that I can't afford (although there is this amazing navy one covered in tiny stars and Eiffel towers at Roam Boutique right now in old town on mega sale)! I am a huge promoter of the silk blouse and have even convinced a few of my "business attire" personal shopping clients to fill their closet with a few colors/patterns of these silk shirts. I haven't heard a complaint yet!

SALE ALERT: Over the weekend we stopped into JC Penney on the way home from Wisconsin where I found the above-mentioned Joe Fresh Silk shirts in black, pink, kelly green, and cream for $8 on clearance! Isn't that insane! And while we are on the topic of Joe Fresh sales, I also found their solid colored sweaters for, I kid you not, $3! Of course I bought two of them! A kelly green and a black! Unreal clearance deals. I highly advise you to stop in.

plaid, skirt

pencil, skirt, yellow



yellow, silk, blouse

checked, skirt
Skirt: JC Penney (similar on sale here)
Blouse: Joe Fresh
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: J. Crew
Tights: DKNY (similar)
Booties: Vince Camuto
Sunglasses: Target (old)

Shop the look right here!

6 comments:

  1. I love the way those shirts look on you. How does the silk hold up after being washed or dry cleaned? I always feel like silk is difficult to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shirts are great and hold up so well! Affordable and luxurious all in one and they come in great colors every season. worth a trip to nyc just for them!

      Delete
  2. I found your site featured on Chicago Blog Network! I like your yellow top! One of my favorite colors is also yellow! Check out my site!

    www.fancynancista.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Welcome! I'm featured on CBN? I didn't know. Im guessing from the WGN segment I was in awhile back! I'll def check you out soon!

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to check out the sales at JCP - but I know I'd end up buying way more things than I need!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst damage you could do is spend like 40 bucks and come out with like 14 tops! It's pretty ridiculous how on sale things are right now!

      Delete