Bold Stripes

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I must confess, I'm a terrible nighttime dresser. I consider myself much better at putting together work outfits than going-out outfits. 

Whenever my husband and I go out for a date, I always go straight for the maxi skirt. It's a comfy classic that works for pretty much any occasion. It can be dressed up or down or somewhere in between, which is were I landed with this ensemble.

 This time I paired my black Express maxi skirt with my first ever StyleMint purchase, this bold stripy top. I gotta say, it think I liked this top better before I saw the pictures of it. Maybe it was just really windy, maybe because it's so bright against the night setting, but man did this shirt not seem to photograph well! 

What do you guys think? Is it a winner or does it look a little crazy? 

Also My husband thinks I look like a DJ in this first photo. I'm sure he would appreciate some support in the comments below! 




Skirt: Express, Top: StyleMint, Necklace: Charming Charlies, Fringed boots: Forever 21, Purse, Aldo Outlet, Earrings: Francesca's,  Lips Sephora Rouge shine #46 SoulMate (on the blog here)


5 comments:

  1. I don't think you look like a dj, haha. I actually really like the shirt! Maybe you think it's really bright because it's against the black skirt. Try it with denim next time. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I think denim will totally work better! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. DJ SkittllJills ----aaaaahahahahaha!!! Brilliant!
    I get where it looks like you're spinning on the ones and twos in the first pic. wack a wacka wacka.

    ReplyDelete