Peplum and a Bow

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I don't know how many times I've looked at this white peplum top since I bought it back in June on a trip to NYC but decided not to wear it. Maybe it was the fear of getting it dirty, maybe I feel like peplum has taken over my wardrobe and needed a change, or maybe there is no good reason. And so for that very reason I decided I must wear it before it starts to accumulate dust.

Does anyone else do this? Not wear something you love for no real reason? 

I think I need to break this habit.

I've got a few items like this in my closet: particularly a pair of beautiful purple Minnies from J Crew; a black "leather" skirt from Forever 21 and a Zara blazer that is just waiting for a cooler day.

While we are on the subject of forgotten clothes, let's talk about this necklace. I ordered it as a "I'm-$5-away-from-free-shipping-on Forever's-website-so-I'll-add this-to-my-cart" item. I thought it was going to be a sweet dainty little bow, but it turned out that in real life its actual size was closer to that of a chicken nugget! And the chain was long too! So I tied the chain up and decided why not wear it with my too-long-forgotten peplum top and these surprisingly comfy wedges that had also been hanging out on the shoe rack for longer than I can remember.

 And there you have it, an outfit of old but revived pieces!




 Wedges: Nordstrom Rack, Jeans: H&M. White Peplum top: H&M, Bag: DVF New Hearts different color here on Ebay, Bow necklace: Forever 21


No comments:

Post a Comment