Cabin Wear: Day to Night

Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome to our pier in Door County!

While in the daytime this place looked spectacular with a beautiful and spacious back yard/pier, it was creepy as can be in the dead of night. Oh, and did I mention we had just come back from a little ghost hunting excursion? All together it would have made the perfect beginning to a horror movie.

The house was awesome in that creepy old house kind of way. Lots of old creaky wood floors, random paintings where the eyes seem to follow you, themed guest rooms and spooky closets. We even decided to go out to the end of this pier on a dare at about 2am! There is something so fun about spooking yourself out for no reason! It was a pretty silly evening. 

With Fashion always on my mind and on my calendar, I remembered earlier that that the second run of "The Shops" for Target was debuting. Since we were so close to Green Bay we stopped in to check it out. I got a really cute tweed dress with faux leather trim by Kirna Zabete (check it out here) as well as a  color block sweater and a geometric print jersey dress from her line. Also I spotted this green plaid blazer. The sizing is terribly off and ran super big! I somehow wound up buying a 4, and that actually fit the best.

My favorite part of any trip home from Wisconsin though is getting to stop at the J Crew outlet. I picked up a really cute bright purple wool pencil skirt that I can't wait to wear, and a black leather belt.

I also picked up two small handbags at the ALDO outlet. The black one seen below and a tan and gold one for only $17!


Another day of amazing clouds!





This Zara Tee (last seen on the blog here), Jeans, H&M, shoes: Reefs (buy on sale here), Target sunglasses



What an amazing view from our pier! Nice shot Andrew!



Same outfit, but added the blazer, purse (Aldo outlet) and changed my shoes!
Plaid Blazer: Target! (on sale for $30 here!)





And that's the end to our fun- and shopping-filled weekend!

Hope you all have a great one and thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blazer! It's a great finishing touch to the outfit :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a great find. Gotta love Target!

      Delete
  2. The new bag you picked up is adorable, and the geo print dress looks really pretty, can't wait to see it!

    Since I couldn't find an email for you - the London times dress runs pretty true to size. And since that statement means nothing;
    I ordered a size 6, here are the measurements.
    Bust - 18"
    Waist - 13"
    Length - 35"

    it's a knit, so there are about 2" of stretch overall.
    hope that helps!

    Chic on the Cheap

    PS. Please consider getting rid of word verification :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Got rid of word verification. I also exchanged the geo dress for another color! Thanks for reading and all your support and help! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. I like the blazer. It is hard for me to find blazers and jackets because my arms are too long compared to my size. I usually have to buy 3/4 length sleeves (not good for winter) or just buy a size too large. Do you know of anywhere with nice things that has "tall" sizes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a bunch of suggestions to my FaceBook page. Please let me know if you or anyone else you know has some suggestions. I'd love to help someone find something!

      Delete