Fall Trends: Oxblood, Leather and Lace

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall trends: Oxblood, leather and lace



1    2    3    4     5     6

It's not news to you if you have cracked open any September issue: THE color of fall is oxblood.

I must say, at first I was highly disappointed.

I have never been a fan of the color aside from on my nails, but now that I've visited some of my favorite stores and have seen the pieces there to work with, I quickly changed my tune.

It started with lips. I thought to myself: "I will give in and embrace oxblood in a lip," then it spread to the feet with my new Shoemint bow flats.

After that it was in full swing. I am keeping the trend more focused on the lower half of my body since it kind of clashes with my red hair when placed too close to my face.

Above are my favorite new fall purchases embracing all three of the hot new trends.

1. Target Shops Kirna Zabete: Dress in tweed and faux leather trim - runs really short so I'll be wearing this one with leggings. $44.99

2. J Crew Tippi sweater: in polka dot $89.50 (I didn't actually purchase this one, just tried it on but the color didn't work for me. Still a really cute sweater though.)

3. The Limited: Elbow-sleeve lace top $39.90 ( I got it for 40% off!) I love the faux leather neckline detailing!

4. Zara: PIQUÉ LEGGINGS in dark red $35.90 run super small. Go up a size!

5. DSW: Etienne Aigner Celtic boots in burgundy- I can honestly say these boots were love at first sight! I only tried one on and already knew they were perfect. They are such a great shade of red that can be worn as a neutral throughout fall and winter. I personally think they look like Chanel boots when taking a quick glance at the branding on the hardware. These however, will only cost you $139.95 and are totally combining the black hardware look that has been popping up on handbags and the oxblood & leather trends.

6. Shoemint: Hillary in Wine Patent- I don't know how many times I've told people about Shoemint that had never heard of it. If you haven't yet, go check it out here and get 20% off your first purchase!

Beauty bonus: Here are the two lip colors that started this whole thing, both are from Sephora.

*Rouge Shine Lipstick #46 in Soul mate- This is like a practice dark lip for people who might be a little put off by the bold color. A nice wash of color with some shine.

*Rouge cream Lipstick in Crush R23 - This is the real deal. Dark, bold and sultry!
        Tip: I like to layer Soul Mate over Crush for a layer of shine on top!

4 comments:

  1. YES TO ALL OF THIS! Can't wait to see the boots in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leather and lace for fall - chic and edgy at the same time!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Thanks for reading Heather!

      Delete