Overalls 2 Ways

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

panama, hat

denim, overalls

denim, overalls


denim, overalls

denim, overalls, nude, zara, heels

denim, overalls

overalls, denim

red, hair
Being a middle-schooler in the 90's, overalls were the ultimate cool-girl item in my closet. I wore mine with a pink satin babydoll top and thought it was just the coolest outfit ever. Flash forward to present day, overalls are making a full-on comeback and what does my full grown adult self do but snap up a new pair! 

This pair was on sale for $29 bucks from American Eagle. Kind of a late night online shopping impulse buy, but I could tell it was a good one because I wanted to wear them immediately when they arrived!

Like many of you out there I was worried overalls might be tricky to style without coming off too much like either a 13 year old girl or a farmer.  I kept the base classic, girly and lacy and added simple accessories like my favorite white panama hat and converse for day look. For a night time look, I added this chunky braided necklace that you can scoop up for just $11! I also added my favorite subtle yet sexy nude Zara heels to wrap up the look.

Now that you know how to wear em, don't you really want a pair too? Shop lots of cute overall options here! And maybe shop some pretty little lace pieces to go underneath them while you're at it!

American Eagle Overalls (sold out)// Forever 21 lace tank (old)

Dressed down:
 Panama Hat // Converse // Express Wristlet

Dressed up: 
NYX Matte lipstick in Bloody Mary // Zara nude heels // Forever 21 necklace // Sam Edelman snake print bag



1 comment:

  1. AHHH! Love these overalls. Never would have thought about the dressed up way, but it looks great! - J

    ReplyDelete