Playing on the Tracks

Monday, August 6, 2012


I would just like to say that I am not a fan of the Metra. It's like the bizarro world of transportation. I expect the crazies on the El, but for some reason I feel that a train on the way to the burbs should be full of quiet tired folks commuting back home after a hard day's work in the city. Yet every time I ride, I get the creepy Axl Rose looking dude drinking a 40 who really wants to strike up a conversation with me, or the shirtless guy just hanging out like it's nothing out of the ordinary. Then there are the people who want to eat the world's funkiest smelling meals and stink up the whole train! Is it just me? Are they following me? Seriously!?

Anyway...the whole reason I even needed to rush out the door over to Union Station was to meet my husband out in Schaumburg to shave a few hours of rush hour traffic off our trip to run the Swift Water race in Nekoosa, Wisconsin. My husband ran the 5mile and I did the 2mile. Yay us!

Did I mention I hate running? Did I mention I coach a girls running team? Yep, that's all true. So why do I do all this? I have this policy on things I hate, that I also know are good for me. I force myself to do them. The whole reason I hate them is because they are hard or uncomfortable. But that's where the most change always seems to happen in my life, so in the end they are usually the most worth-while things I do. I feel that way about a few things off the top of my head; running, camping, Bikram yoga, packing for just one night away, and writing lesson plans for school. I still do them all, some more than others, and I think I am a better off because of it. 
How about you? What  do you feel that way about?

 Striped tank on sale now for $15: Old Navy, Shorts: H&M, Silver Flats (if you are a size 8 that's all that's left, but they are on crazy sale): Zara, Necklace: Forever 21 (old), Black and silver Bracelet: Forever 21, Sunglasses: Target, Earrings: TopShop, Lips: Smashbox-Fuchsia Flash, Watch: Charming Charlies

These flats allow me to still appreciate the neon pink toes.

 
 Two-tone watch and silver bracelet saving me from my lack of non-gold jewelry

May not be a Santorini sunset yet (we will be going in spring), but it sure was nice to watch in the car.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. All that running and yoga looks to me to have been well worth it. You look great Jill! Love your blog.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete