Tall Ceilings? No problem!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I have been in my apartment for seven years and I really do love it. And as much as I love the high ceilings in every room, it is always a challenge to figure out what to do with the top half of the wall (and how to get up there to paint it). So here are a few ways I decided to take advantage of having tons of blank wall space:



Above-the-mantle picture collage. Some are friends and family, some are pics I have taken from my various vacations around the world, and some are just random pieces of patterned paper from Paper Source that I put in cheap wooden Ikea frames that I painted white. All in all, fills up a good 8 1/2 by 5 foot wall pretty darn well!

On mantle from left to right, my grandmother's candle sticks, Yellow Crate & Barrel vase, my two little gargoyle friends that I've had since high school, silk flower arrangement that I put together myself in a silver bucket, Gardenia candle (my favorite scent), wedding picture.

By the way, why is a numeral "5" framed you might ask? This was actually my dad's first question when he saw it. The answer, it's my favorite number. Not lucky, just favorite. Do other people have those? Please tell me so I'm not alone in this.



My own bauble station hiding behind a door. And just for visual appeal I added a row of cute framed patterned paper above it.



A big swirly decal really adds interest to a big bare wall. Purchased from online store Dali Decals, who let me customize the size and color and also flip the design so it would work in our corner! Pretty accommodating! We have had it for 2 years now and it looks just as good as the day it went up.



 Our living room mini-collage of Prague pictures and mini Ikea mirrors.
As you can see I'm not afraid of color or prints... or the mixing of colors and prints. It's chaos with a purpose.



The "J" primping station above my vanity table.

So there you have it, a small peek into the tall walls of our home.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Can't wait to see it in person :) The yellow mantle wall and your primping station is to-die-for! Oh and "13" is my not-lucky-just-favorite number. :)

    ReplyDelete