Field Trip: Fashion Outlets Of Chicago

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Visiting the new Fashion Outlets of Chicago was high on my shopping bucket list this summer so I made sure it happened before I went back to school.

My blogger friend Amy and I went with low expectations considering we are not much of outlet shoppers (although there isn't a shopping challenge we would turn down).

The mall is super clean and orderly, and with some of the shops still not open it feels very much under construction. It's all very wide open, not the most welcoming place. Kind of hard to describe. The parking was plentiful and free up to five hours.

In my opinion this mall is PERFECT for men. By that I mean men who actually want or need clothes. The way I see it, a men's designer suit from last season marked down hundreds of dollars looks exactly like the suits at the regular department stores now. So if you are looking to take your gentlemen friends shopping and also want to do a few stops for yourself along the way, this place is for you... and him.

Check out a full list of stores here!

Some of the very random artwork hanging in the mall.

A whole table full of Rebecca Minkoff goodies at the Bloomingdales Outlet.


Amy happily purchasing her long-sought-after low-heeled leopard Vince Camuto heels! 25% off too I might add!

A lay of the land. Actually a very easy layout. It looks much bigger than it feels.





White Moto vest: Forever 21
Jeans: Zara
Booties: Old Navy
Necklace and polka-dot button down: J Crew Factory (on sale now for $37.50 
Purse: Sam Edelman
Sunglasses: Forever 21

1 comment:

  1. Very jealous of that outlet mall! In AZ we don't have any sort of Bloomingdales and it just so happens to be one of my favorite stores...
    Love the outfit you wore too- layering is one of things I always look forward to in fall :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete