Women Empowerment Panel & A Watercolor Dress

Monday, August 26, 2013

Hi all. Hate to break it to you, but if you came here looking for beautiful pictures of Grecian scenery, the show is over! Back to real life. In fact, to make it even more real, it's my first official day back to teaching. In summary: Goodbye Greece, hello professional pencil skirts!

Today's post is from last weekend, when I was asked to speak on a panel for an organization called Women Empowerment at the Unisono festival in Pilsen. The panel featured four women in fashion and the arts. I was so honored to be asked to speak, and I met so many wonderful women. 

To be honest, I was a little nervous considering this may have been the first time I have ever done any public speaking that wasn't for a grade. I was really happy to tell people about what I do and explain to them how I have found an outlet to pursue my dreams and still have a successful day job.

Thank you Women Empowerment for the great opportunity. Here are some pictures from the event and of course what I wore. You know I had to wear some hot pink to represent!









Belt: J. Crew (similar here)
Watch: Charming Charlie
Sunglasses: Nordstrom
Necklace: eBay
Purse: Kate Spade (here in light tan)

8 comments:

  1. That's so awesome tht you spoke on a panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the panel! I would be equal parts scared and excited :) I love that you wore pink too :)
    Also, I have those wedges in my J.Crew Factory shopping cart! I've been debating whether or not to buy them, and now I think I will.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get them!!! Not even a Question! They are comfy and make your legs look a million miles long! win win!

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you and you looked so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a wonderful opportunity and event. You look stunning, I just adore the dress. Piperlime rarely disappoints. (and yes, I do miss Greece)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew (Jill's husband)August 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

      Me too, LyddieGal. Me too.

      Delete
    2. Me 3! And thanks for the kind words L!

      Delete