Oia in White & Stripes

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our second day in Santorini we took a bus over to Oia, which you saw from the bottom yesterday in my post on the boat trip. This time we went to the top and walked around the streets and stopped in shops along the way.

This was definitely the most crowded part of the island that we visited. It's the biggest attraction because it's the part of Santorini that people know the most about, the sparkling blue domes and whitewashed buildings. As you can see most of the "streets" are not much more than a narrow walkway. Combine that with tons of tourists as well as walking tours, and it's just like trying to walk down Michigan Ave on a Saturday! 

In this post you will see the one and only clothing item I purchased in all of Greece, this skirt. My husband Andrew thinks it looks like an apron but I liked it anyway.







Top: Forever 21 (runs really big: mine is a small. Find it here for just $13.80)
Skirt: Random shop in Naxos
Sandals: Topshop (from last summer)
Earrings: Francescas (not available online but I'm loving these)
Bracelet: Charming Charlie
Lips: Lancome 

Andrew blending into the fence in his Santorini-appropriate Uniqlo polo shirt.


 Hmm... I wonder what attracted me to these flowers?

A long way down!


 All those pretty blue domes I mentioned earlier.

A Greek Coke Zero was such a decadent treat, especially with this view!

2 comments:

  1. Is there anything better than blue and white?

    And my envy only worsens the more I look at your posts!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think those were enviable, wait til you see tomorrow's pictures.

      Delete