Peplum and Stripes/Exciting New Collaboration

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I had pretty much been dying to wear this outfit for a few weeks now. I got the idea from seeing a picture of a pink peplum skirt with a pink and orange striped top (on Sole Society), but since I didn't have either of those I recreated it in blue and green tones.

On that note let me take a minute to talk about some exciting news from SoleSociety.com. Their site is probably one of my favorite and most frequently visited sources for outfit inspiration. I know they are are a shoe company, but I really like how they show you two models head-to-toe in two very different but highly recreateable stylish outfits. A lot of times I even notice they are wearing pieces I already own from J Crew, StyleMint or Nordstrom. I find myself frequently taking screen shots to remember the looks I want to try. 

And to my surprise, I received an email last week telling me that Sole Society shoes will now be available at Nordstrom! That's just about as exciting as a Target/designer collaboration. All shoes are under 100 bucks a pop, very well made and on trend! With Nordstrom's customer service and free shipping and Sole Society's trendy and affordable shoes, you just can't beat that!

This is night two in a row of the hair coming out! I know I shouldn't keep talking about it but I'm just so amazed at how easy it is and how perfectly it matches!





 I found these clip-on earrings in the clearance section for $3 at Forever, now they look like Carrie's wedding Manolos!

Striped top: StyleMint (old)
Skirt: H&M circa 2009!
Clip on Earrings (worn on shoes): Forever 21 clearance

8 comments:

  1. I love how bright and happy this outfit is! :D Yay for getting inspiration from Sole Society. :)
    That's pretty cool that the shoes will be sold at nordstrom now too
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! I love the peplum skirt!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty outfit! Love the clip ons on your shoes! cute!!

    xx Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit looks beyond amazing on you! I love the blue and green tones and the longer length and stiffer fabric of that skirt makes it all look so classy. I would totally wear this! And I love your hair. Are you lightening it? The color looks amazing! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is the red I used to dye my hair. I bought the extensions in a dark auburn and they matched perfectly! Lucky me!

      Delete
  5. I loved that outfit on you!! And.. are those pictures taken in my building?

    ReplyDelete