NYE 2012

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I had grand plans of wearing a great iridescent white peplum sequin dress for New Year's Eve. And then I realized how little that plan made sense... since I was going to be at a hole-in-the-wall bar with a bunch of dudes who would probably spill drinks on that pretty dress. So I switched to a safe-colored black dress. 

Then my next thought was there will be lots of outdoor walking because we will probably have a really hard time catching a cab because they're alway full on New Year's. So then I added the tights, walkable heels and a extra layer of warmth under the dress in the form of a snowcat button-down.

I refused to give up all the fun and sparkle so I tossed on this necklace and bracelet. Maybe one of these New Year's I'll get to wear a sequin dress instead of being so darn practical!





Dress: H&M
Snow Cat Button-Down: J Crew
Watch: Target
Necklace + Chain Bracelet +tights : Forever 21
Booties: ShoeMint Holly

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHA: This is your "practical" look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shirt under the dress and it looks like one piece! It looks very fun and chic and you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit! I like those glittery tights!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A little itchy but they do the trick!

      Delete
  4. Did you end up even buying the "great iridescent white peplum sequin dress"? I'm curious to see it if you did!

    ReplyDelete