Something from the Heart

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Some gifts mean so much simply because of the person who gives them. That's the case with this lovely vintage leaf and pearl brooch. A dear friend found it while antique shopping and said she immediately thought of me.

She couldn't have been more right! Although I live in the middle of the city with minimal nature around me (the way I prefer it since I'm allergic to pretty much all things green), I have always been drawn to leaf and tree jewelry and prints. 

Wearing it makes me smile knowing it came from someone who knows me so well. That's what makes this pin a meaningful piece in my vintage collection.





Gray turtleneck: J Crew Factory Tissue Turtleneck (on sale for $9.99!)
Poncho/cape: Target- last seen here
Necklace: Macy's
Pin: gifted- vintage

2 comments:

  1. love the cute casual look - and i think it's so nice to have pieces in your closet with a lot of meaning.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking very cute and cozy! Beautiful pin. :)

    ReplyDelete