Resolutions Ball @ the Sofitel

Monday, January 28, 2013

This past Friday, my girls and I attended another Style Chicago event at the Sofitel's grand ballroom. We had a great time getting pampered with free manis and eyebrow threading and enjoyed yummy cocktails, sushi and monster goodie bags!! 

And if you are wondering how my hair grew 7 inches overnight I will tell you. It didn't! It's my first night out giving clip-in extensions a shot. Yes I'm telling my secret and I don't really care. I have always wondering what I would look like with long hair since mine just reaches a point a few inches past my shoulders where it just gives up. And then I saw this video on the blog Running on Happiness and knew I had to give it a try. She was right, they are addictive. I don't plan to wear it to work or anything, but when I have a weekend like this packed with outings, it's just another fun accessory to play with. 

What do you think of the hair? Freaked out or impressed? If you have any questions about the process or brand I used, let me know. I'd be happy to share.




 Heels: Zara (Worn here and here)
"Leather" Pants: ASOS (buy here for $29)
Window Pane Blouse: Forever 21(similar)
Sparkly necklace, earrings and bracelet: Forever 21

 This is a howling picture of my yoga girls and I who lovingly refer to ourselves as the "Yoga Lobas"

13 comments:

  1. You look fabulous in this outfit! I love the combo of the silver sweater layered with the button up and sleek pants! It is so great to find another Chicago blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments fellow Chicagoan!

      Delete
  2. you can't even tell they are extensions! Love how you've styled the coated sweater as well!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have ordered that sweater which has quickly become one of my favorite basics with a twist!

      Delete
  3. Love your window pane blouse & sweater!! I may have to copy you:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous outfit. Those pants are amazing.

    I would love to hear your thoughts on my latest post!
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can you believe that they are elastic waist banded and under 30 bucks!

      Delete
  5. I love that coated metallic sweater - does it still have movement? I tried on a gold one at H&M and it was so stiff! Either way you look beautiful!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, believe it or not it is actually really light and has tons of movement. Ill admit that the first time I tried it on it was a bit crunchy but that wasn't even noticeable by the time I wore it out. It was a great buy

      Delete
  6. Looks great on you! Glad I could help :) You look like you had a blast!

    x

    Missy
    PopOfStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, believe it or not it is actually really light and has tons of movement. Ill admit that the first time I tried it on it was a bit crunchy but that wasn't even noticeable by the time I wore it out. It was a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arooooooo!! I love our Yoga Loba photo! You looked so fab that night!

    ReplyDelete