Field Trip: The Three Wonders of Schaumburg

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I've now been back at work one whole day and all I can say is, I already miss spring break and I'm counting the days til summer vacation.

Over spring break I got the fabulous idea to take the Metra out of the city to the far-off land of Schaumburg, Ill. Since I live in downtown Chicago, things such as indoor malls and parking spaces that are free and don't expire fascinate me. 

On my field trip I visited the three most magical places (in my opinion) that the suburb of Schaumburg has to offer. Want to see my other purchases? Check them out on Instagram!

1. Woodfield Mall: Kind of a disaster with screaming children and husband/boyfriend types nodding off in lounge chairs.  The one thing it has that kept my attention though was the recently opened Joe Fresh line at JC Penny! I fell in love with Joe Fresh last summer in NYC when I discovered a rainbow of beautiful silk tops that rivaled the J. Crew Blythe Blouse  but at a fraction of the price! 
I was a pretty happy camper to be dropped off at the JC Penny door by my husband, to be picked up when he was done with work. I had the whole afternoon to leisurely browse all the Joe Fresh goods! I got this green gingham top, this super-flattering tulip skirt, and a super adorable red & navy striped dress that's not on the site. Had this aqua silk blouse been in store it would have come home with me as well! And if you look at the corner of the table closest to the camera you will see my small stack of items I put down to take the picture.


2. The Bloomingdale's Outlet: I've only made one purchase at this store. But I think it makes me so happy because my husband has the best luck here. He always leaves with a bunch of great finds and I'm empty handed (for once). They really do have a great mens section! If he's happy shopping then I'm happy!


How clean and orderly is this?!

Happy husband pretending not to enjoy tie shopping.

3. Ikea: We had no need to go in considering our home is just the way we like it, but i could still kill a whole day in there. What's more wondrous than a vist to Ikea is seeing the parking lot on a Wednesday when there are actually parking spaces open!

Of course I can't forget my own outfit details...




 Shoes: Sole Society "Claire"
Pants: H&M
Aqua Chambray: Banana Republic (very similar here)
Coated Sweater: Rock & Republic for Kohls (on sale now for $13.80 in gold and silver)
Rose gold bracelet and watch: Charming Charlie
Necklace: Forever 21 (Bought at the mall. It matched perfectly so I had to wear it)

My favorite part of any trip, coming back to my beautiful city!

4 comments:

  1. First off, love your outfit, especially the pants/shoes/bag.
    And I have yet to check out the Joe Fresh JCP line in stores! (Though I have been stalking it online even before it's release.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the line offers way more in store than what they are showing online! Get in there girl!

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Joe Fresh. Did you know they are situated the middle of grocery stores in Canada? They only recently added stand-alone stores. Love your outfit by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie,
      That is amazing! I must visit more Canadian Grocery stores!!

      Delete