Father's Day: A Day at the Races

Monday, June 17, 2013

Yesterday was spent with my favorite old man: my dad. 

For the last few years my brother has organized a get-together at Arlington Race Course for Father's Day and it's been just perfect every time! My dad has a serious passion for horse racing and used to train and own a few horses, so it's only fitting that we spend his day at the track.

And in keeping with my passion, fashion, I decided to go into full-on derby mode for the day. Theme dressing can be super fun when it involves girly dresses and big ol' hats! Yes indeed! 

Here's a peek at our day at the races.







 Shoes: Coconuts "Hepburn" (buy same here! So comfy!)
Dress: Forever 21 (similar here and here)
Hat: J. Crew (almost identical here)
Necklace: Nordstrom (old but similar here)
Purse: Aldo Outlet (another option here)
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Belt: Came with an old Jason Wu for Target dress (similar here at Target)



 The perfect picture of my dad in his element! Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

  1. There's a horse race track up by me, too, and I love going in the summer. You're wearing the perfect dress and hat for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute dress and perfect for your outing
    Looks like a fun day
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a major racetrack near me, but I have never ever been! It looks like such a fun occasion to dress up for!

    ReplyDelete