NY: Part 2: Mind Over Madness

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I know I'm on vacation, but I wasn't the least bit upset when my alarm went off at 6 a.m.! In fact I was awake a bit before the alarm. Much like kids on Christmas morning, my friend Amanda and I were so excited to get downstairs (literally steps from our hotel door) and get our spots for the sunrise yoga class!

It's kind of crazy how when you wake up early, you feel like no one else is up. But then you go outside and turn the corner, you can find something like this happening! Pretty cool!

This is really what the yoga community is all about: coming together to share a love of yoga even if it is among strangers, in crazy places, at early hours.

The summer solstice marked the first day of summer and the longest day of light. To start summer off with a celebration like this was truly amazing!

*Tomorrow's post will feature the rest of the day's shopping bonanza (back to the fashion soon, I promise)!

Amongst madness!
Shoes: Nike "Victoria" (awesome color scheme here)
Pants: Lululemon Wunder Under crops
Tank: Lululemon Cool racerback tank in what else but hot pink!
Tie dye sports bra: Forever 21(similar here)

Amanda and I all ready to yoga!
Amanda's top: Lululemon "Practice Freely tank"

Our free commemorative mat! Thanks Athleta and Times Square Alliance!

 Sleepy and uncaffeinated but still rocking our Lululemon brights!

Yogis on the Jumbotron! 

 Let the big morning stretches begin!


Later that day we got tickets for Phantom of the Opera at that tkts booth! 


One final rest to wrap up the practice.

Our teacher and Athleta model, Drisana Carey. How cute is she?

Who's excited to go next year??

6 comments:

  1. So amazing! Thanks for sharing! Excited to see those fabulous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! Thanks for sharing! Excited to see those fabulous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a closet clean out soon! If you are in town you know I've got some stuff to send your way! Summer project #1002...

      Delete
  3. SO great to see pictures from the yoga day!!! Awesome, looks like you girls had so much fun. Lobas 2014 trip!

    ReplyDelete