Strawberries, Tigers and Leopard, Oh My!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

If you know me, you know that I love a good deal. I'm not talking clearance necessarily (I hate to pick through a disorganized rack), but rather finding current styles at great prices. That's my thing, my high. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to visit two of my favorite not-available-in-Chicago stores that fit the bill: Uniqlo and Joe Fresh.

My friend Amanda had never been to either, so I took her to the U.S. flagship locations of both to make a big impression. Needless to say we both left with some serious baggage. Oh, and did I mention this was also the day that the Zara sale began? (Going on now and it's a good one!!) Naturally we had to stop at the one right across from Bryant Park.

For those of you who have never had a chance to visit Joe Fresh, and I'm not talking new section in your local JC Penny, but the big flagship store. It's simply wonderful. It's my silk wonderland. For anyone who has ever pined away for the loveliness of an Equipment brand silk blouse but did not want to shell out over $200 for one, this is your answer! They carry a rainbow of beautiful silk button downs, dresses and tanks. (All of which I purchased, and sadly can't be purchased through the Joe Fresh website. Some are available on JC Penny site.)

Uniqlo has never let me down for a fun blazer or an interesting polo for my husband at great prices. I like to think of it as the poor man's American Apparel. I got a great blazer you will see soon on the blog and may have seen here on my Instagram for our departure from the W Hotel.

What's your favorite New York store? I'd love to hear some recommendations for my next trip!




Tiger loafers: Zara sale (purchased that day and wore them out the door! Get them here)
Strawberry Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Old Navy (old)
Belt: Express (old)
Leopard Flats: Calvin Klein via Piperlime (old) (similar)
Heart sunglasses: purchased at the Randolph Street Fest
Watch: La Mer (different style)
Necklace: Gifter from Amy

Photo Credit: Amanda D.


5 comments:

  1. I love, love this top! I saw it on the F21 website and fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    What a gorgeous outfit, I love the top and slippers so much and you are such a beauty, too!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to NYC but would love to go someday. You look perfect for a summer day with your denim shorts and that adorable strawberry top! Glad to know that I am not the only one who leaves the store wearing what i just purchased, lol! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!!

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about Joe Fresh! You've inspired me to wear a store purchase out of the store now...

    ReplyDelete