Not So Mello Yellow

Friday, July 12, 2013

It's a shame that I've had this dress in my closet for so long without ever wearing it! Since summer hasn't really felt like coming entirely yet, I figured this might be my last chance to wear this sunny dress while it was still cooler.

As far as yellow goes, people always say that it's such a hard color to wear, that it doesn't suit many people. As for me I think it's second favorite next to hot pink, and I also think it looks better on most people than they give it credit for. The trick is to find the right shade, and canary is mine!






Dress: Banana Republic
Bracelet: H&M
Necklace: Nordstrom Tildon "Vintage Floral" statement necklace
Bag: Target
Sunglasses: Target
Shoes: Gap (I'm guessing at least six years old!)

Check out these other great canary yellow options: 

1/2/3/4

Yellow dresses


4 comments:

  1. I love that you put in other yellow dress options on here too - great idea! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em. I felt bad that my actually dress wasn't available anymore so i wanted to give everyone some other ideas!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress! Yellow is one of my favorite colors. When I was a teenager I painted my walls yellow ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My walls are currently a citron yellow! Not pink...although several other rooms in my house are painted pink ;)

      Delete