Trifecta of Pattern Mixing and a Look into the New South Loop H&M

Monday, July 8, 2013

My husband and I went on a movie date night to go see Monsters University at the Icon Theater in South Loop. What made this date just a little bit sweeter was the opening of Chicago's third H&M! This one is way out of place (in my opinion) but really close to my house, so I'm not going to complain.

What I will do however is show you around the location. Scroll down to check it out.

As for what I wore on the date, I managed to pull off a summertime trifecta of pattern mixing in black and white (technically four patterns if you count the purse).

I found these shoes at the Zara sale in New York a few weeks back and struggled to decide weather or not to keep them. Ultimately the comfort of the sturdy wide heel changed my mind. Then I realized I was not the only blogger who had these shoes when I stumbled across this hilarious-to-me tumblr called "Sh*t Bloggers Wear," where I found out I was guilty of owning many of the trendy items listed.






Skirt: LOFT Outlet (old)
Polka-dot top: H&M (old as well)
Purse: Sam Edelman (purchased at the Sam Edelman store in Soho)
Necklace: Forever 21
Lips: Revlon "Smitten"

 The view from the outside of the new South Loop H&M in the Roosevelt Collection

Women's floor

They have a really nice men's section. Probably the best I've see so far in any H&M, which is good because thats who we went there to shop for, my husband! He got lots of work shirts and shorts for our upcoming trip to Greece! 

This location has a huge kid's section! A major selling point for this location since it's in an apartment/condo building where there are lots of families with children. There is even a park right outside the door! How convenient!

This is the top I went home with.

As you can see, the park is on the right and the entrance is just across the street! I'd be the worst babysitter ever if I had to stare at an H&M all day.

**Right now the parking is still FREE but many signs were posted that it won't be for long, so get over there fast to check it out! Parking never stays free long in Chicago!

3 comments:

  1. Can not stop drooling over those shoes. Wish I could get them, but zara footwear always runs too narrow for me!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are way cute!!! Love the outfit, was Andrew as dressed up at your for date night? :)- Need to pay a visit to this location asap.. bummer about the not-free-for-much-longer-parking garage.. why they always gotta steal our fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree, those shoes are ridiculous! And awesome about the H&M there, looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete