Anniversary Weekend Getaway: Part 1

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

These pics are the beginning of our anniversary trip to Milwaukee. We couldn't get away for long, but the hour-and-a-half drive still required some comfy clothes. I changed into my new StyleMint Freemont sweatshirt, some stretchy black skinnies and we hit the road. Along the way we had to make a stop at Kopps for some frozen custard (first stop of two on the trip in a matter of only 24 hours) and then made our way to the fabulous Iron Horse Hotel!



 


Black Skinnies: Old Forever 21, Boots: Etienne Aigner Celtic via DSW, Sweatshirt: Stylemint, Necklace: Forever 21, Purse Aldo Outlet, Sunglasses: Target



 I think it's pretty clear by now how much I love these boots!



Kopps Flavor of the day-Drumstick! Yum!


An interesting backdrop we saw on the way to the hotel.

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You look super cute, love those boots!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Drumstick! Please post flavor #2 tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 2 the second day which were grasshopper fudge and red velvet which was really really good!

      Delete
  3. cute outfit-- love the boots! thanks for your comment on my blog.. that is a fun coincidence that we got married the same day & both had red hair :) I actually kinda miss the red.. think I'm gonna go back to it soon. I have such bad hair indecision haha.
    Oh, My

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those boots lady!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Emily B - our whole wedding got off to a great start with your incredible gift of the pre-wedding yoga class. It meant a lot to us both, and I still remember the sense of calm (and exercise) and optimism that I felt lying on the mat that night. Thanks for the anniversay wishes but thanks too for that once-in-a-lifetime gift. I will always remember it.

    ReplyDelete