Pumpkin Patch

Friday, October 19, 2012

On our way home from Milwaukee this past weekend we decided to stop at a pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin for my classroom. It's pretty safe to say we were the only couple there without children of our own.
As you can see I went with a small one. I have no intention of carving the little guy and will be giving it away to one of my students in just a few short weeks. 

When I put this poncho on in the store I loved it, however when my husband first saw it his words were "that is ridiculous." I told him just you wait, I bet at least one girl will compliment me on it during the day and sure enough 2 separate girls stopped me to tell me how cute they thought it was! Ha, take that Andrew!
Needless to say he does not like it, but I still do! 

What are your thoughts on ponchos/capes? Are they one of those items only women like but guys just don't understand? Or am I all alone in this?




 

Chambray top and Poncho (buy here): Target, Jeans: H&M, Booties: Forever 21, Tassel pin: vintage Etsy last seen here on the blog, Sunglasses: Target, Purse: Aldo Outlet

Tonight I am heading out to the Art of Fashion show presented by Style Chicago at Millennium park! This has become my favorite fashion event of the year and I'm super excited...and still have no idea what to wear! Hopefully I will come up with something fabulous by tonight!

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. The Pumpkin Caper! Ha! I bought a silky sweater cape/poncho last year at H&M. It's dusty pink with black stripes. I think the only reason my guy (Joe) likes it is because I wear it with black leggings and over-the-knee boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i am loving those booties and those sunnies, great hair too
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the poncho/cape! I've been tempted to buy one.. Great fall outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get ready to become more tempted! I'm doing a whole cape/ponch post soon. Ive been crazy about these things since last fall. Ive built up a bit of a collection of my own as well as options!

    ReplyDelete