Fall Beauty Trend Show @ Nordstrom Michigan Ave.

Friday, October 4, 2013

If you have never been, or maybe never even heard of Nordstrom's Beauty Trend Show, it's incredible.

I've been attending this biannual event for years now, most recently at the Fall event a few weekend's ago. I'm happy to report that it was just as fun as it always is.

The event is held at the crack of dawn, before the store opens. It's an exciting place for a bunch of beauty-obsessed women to come learn about all the latest trends, from all the top brand experts.

After the show, we all rush downstairs where you can set up appointments with skincare and makeup lines. I went to La Mer for skin care, to have things that I simply cannot afford slathered all over my face, and then to YSL to check out lip color. While there, I was introduced to their foundation and was totally sold on it. It really feels like nothing. I was not sold, however, on all the mascara applied to my lashes which you can probably notice below. Just ignore the lashes and look how smooth my skin is!

Another perk of Trend Show is dressing up like you are doing the college walk of shame at 6:30 a.m. I love a good reason to dress up, and once you get there you totally blend with all the other overdressed women, but man did I get some weird looks walking down Halsted in a leather skirt in the early morning!

Have you ever been to a Nordstrom Trend Show? What are your thoughts?







Trying out Navy Blue Liner instead of my basic black.



Necklace: J. Crew
Shoes: Zara
Skirt: Piperlime (similar)
Sweatshirt: Forever 21
Nails: OPI
Lips: YSL (#16)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo I've never been...but now I wanna!! I definitely need to find out more and get more involved in the Chicago blogger scene :) Loving this outfit...especially the quilted leather skirt! And I'm a sucker for a great statement necklace!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete