Bows, Polka Dots and Fur

Monday, March 4, 2013

This "new" black-and-white trend has taken over the way I dressed this past week. I noticed it worked its way into just about every outfit I put together. I could just blame it on the trend, but I'm wondering if it goes a bit deeper.

You see, I think we all use black as a safety color. It's slimming, forgiving and matches with everything. I find whenever I'm feeling a little on the larger side or uninspired, I veer toward black as I'm sure many of you do. I may have been feeling a little of that this week. What I'm hoping, though, is that the ease of this trend doesn't send me into a self-indulgent pizza binge just because I can disguise the damage behind my black magic pants.

Good luck to you all and just remember, spring is just around the corner which means no more hiding under big furry vests and layers.

 I noticed that black and white REALLY makes my red hair stand out! 



Blouse: Forever 21 
Fur Vest: Forever 21
Boots: Etienne Aigner (Celtic)
Bow Scarf: J. Crew
Lips: Revlon balm stick in Romantic
Bow/pearl earrings: Kate Spade

2 comments:

  1. I love the pattern mixing here- sticking to the same color scheme makes it work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to comment the same as Rachel! But agree that the color scheme makes your hair stand out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete