Pop of Purple

Friday, March 8, 2013

To complete my week of black-and-white themed outfits, I snuck a small dose of the trend in on jeans day in the form of my J. Crew Snowcat shirt. I love how it added both interest and warmth under this cheery shade of purple. The hat was just out of necessity, much like the hunters were two days back.

This weekend brings one of my favorite bi-yearly events here in Chicago, the Nordstrom Cosmetics Trend Show. At last season's show, I not only forgot to put the battery back in the camera, but also watched in horror as the camera face-planted -- lens straight to the ground -- off a chair and broke. Between the Nordstrom purchases and the camera lens replacement, it was an expensive day. Let's hope that my camera stays safe this time in its double-protected bag!

Next week, a new fun "fashion challenge" theme will be chronicled over here on HOTPINKstyle! More on that Monday!

Last week was black-and-white; any guesses on what next week's theme could be? Or any future outfit suggestions/challenges you want to throw my way? I'd love to hear them in the comments below!

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.





Booties: ShoeMint Holly
Jeans: Zara (similar)
 Snowcat Button-down: J. Crew
Sweater: J. Crew (Tippi)
Hat: Nordstrom Rack (similar here)
Chain Bracelet: Forever 21
Wrap Watch: Le Mer (buy same here) from Stitch in Bucktown

1 comment:

  1. I'm not wild about animal prints (pun not intended), but dangit, I love me some snowcat!!! Very cute outfit!!
    For future fashion challenge.. how about doing complete opposite of your B&W challenge.. and don't incorporate any black or white! Just color? To get ready for spring!?

    ReplyDelete