Theme: Pattern Mixing Look Four

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I was without a photographer for this day of the pattern-mixing challenge, so I decided to do some selfies in the mirror. I apologize in advance for the fingerprints on my mirror. Pretend they are a really cool bokeh effect from Picfx or something like that.

I hope that you all believe that this is still technically pattern mixing. After the first two days it became kind of hard, considering many of my patterned options were in the hamper. I still mixed the animal-print scarf with the abstract-patterned skirt and the metallic-knit sweater. What do you think? Does this still count?

On the plus side, you get a little peek into the bright yellow photo collage wall in my home! As I mentioned earlier this week, you can see my strategy for picking out patterned outfits: simply pulling out patterned pieces from my closet and tossing them into a pile to see what works. That pile has moved onto the bed as you can see. :)




Hat: J Crew Factory
Sweater: H&M
Skirt: Forever 21
Leggings: Aritzia
Scarf: ??

And in case you want a little more pattern mixing, here is a shot from an outfit that didn't photograph very well! (probably because I was having a bad hair/face/skin/weather day.)

Polka-dot Chambray, Neon belt and geometric print skirt: J Crew Factory
Necklace and earrings: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment