Busy Day in San Francisco

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

On our first full day in San Francisco we managed to check about 10 things off our to-do list. It sure helped that we had a car to explore with, even though driving on all the steep streets was really stressful.

Judging by the previous night, I knew it was going to get cold. Lucky for me, the smallest Target in America (seriously, it's the smallest Target by area in the country) was just down the street from our hotel. I bought a pair of super cute polka-dot jeans. Then I stopped by the Forever 21 in Union Square that was just two blocks from our hotel (how convenient, right?) and bought the pants you see later in this post. I figured these two pairs would be enough to make up for the lack of warm bottoms I didn't pack. 

After the quick shopping trip we were off for a day of fun. Here we go...

First stop: Fisherman's Wharf, where we could see Alcatraz in the distance. We walked down Pier 39 to see the sea lions and then stopped at this fruit market for some healthy snacks to take on the road.

 The sea lions at Pier 39!

 Then we took a drive around the Presidio where we had a great view of the city.

 Outfit 1
Shoes: Express
Jean Jacket: Old Navy
Necklace (similar) & sunglasses: Forever 21
Top: Forever 21 (old) Similar here
Skirt: Anthropologie (old)

 We then drove down to the base of the Golden Gate Bridge (to where my husband ran that morning when I was out shopping. Typical.)

Next we drove to Sausalito and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant where I discovered my new favorite snack. Jicama cut into sticks with chili powder and lime. Yum! 

The fountain in the downtown area. 

 A pretty little walkway lined with flowers.

Outfit 2 (Yes, I changed in the car)
Pants: Forever 21
Shoes: Zara (old)
Bag: Target
Cobalt silk blouse: From the Gilt City warehouse sale in Chicago

 Then I discovered I could fly.

 It was foggy but we still had a great view from the Marin Headlands.

Then we stopped in Tiburon for some coffee and lounging.

Our last meal of the day was at the Cliff House which was recommended by my neighbor who used to live in San Fran. If it was clearer out we could have been able to see more of the amazing view of the Pacific Ocean out the windows of the restaurant.

To end the night we drove past The Palace of Fine Arts. How amazing is this?! The craziest part is that this is basically some people's front yard. If you could turn around from where this picture was being taken there is just a small street and regular houses. Can you imagine this being your view everyday? So cool.

4 comments:

  1. Great trip pictures! San Fran is one of those places I can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! I love your all over mint outfit...

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pics from your trip and all the variations of the outfits to fit the weather! Cute!

    ReplyDelete