Stripes, Polka-dots... and More Stripes

Thursday, May 30, 2013

You may remember this sweater from Monday, and these pants from yesterday... and these shoes too. I told you I didn't pack enough bottoms for my trip to San Francisco! I bought these jeans the first day of the trip and wore them two days straight because of the cold weather.

As you can see, I was getting real creative with what was left in my luggage. I had this referee-stripe blouse left clean that I had planned on wearing with some really cool black tuxedo shorts, but it was far too cold. 

The polka-dot jeans with the referee stripes just didn't work but when I put this striped sweater over it, the combination somehow worked and even created the most unexpected yet coveted trifecta of pattern mixing!  

What do you think? Did my luggage leftover remix work, or do I look like an insane woman?




Blouse: Zara
Sweater: Loft
Pants: Target
Sunglasses: Target
Necklace: Vintage
Bag: Target

5 comments:

  1. Jill, those polka dotted trousers are fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of stripes and polka dots - you look great. Hope you're having a good trip! x, kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, your polka dot pants and the necklace are so cute! i love this outfit, and i love the city location!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely been in that situation before! I think you did an excellent job. Love your outfit! Great pants and sandals too :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it works. You look gorgeous. Love the mix of prints. I want the pants too <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete