Black and Blue

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sometimes inspiration comes from the most random details. Like the other day, I was driving to work and saw a woman on the street wearing cobalt and black together and I loved it. Seems so simple but I was pretty sure I had never tried it. 

Fortunately for me and my very colorful wardrobe, I had the cobalt J. Crew skirt you see below (it's old, but I just picked up this style in two colors - or splurge on this lookalike) and had just picked up this sheer plaid top at the Topshop sale for just 20 bucks. I also had a really fun black feather necklace on from H&M, but once we tried to photograph it outside the wind blew the feathers straight into my face until I had enough and just took it off. It only made it into the first photo. Ah, the joys of the windy city.

If you are looking for a pleated skirt for the summer, try these out. I'm loving this one that is a lookalike of the one I missed out on at Zara. This striped one here is to die for too!

j, crew, skirt, topshop, moto, jacket

j, crew, skirt, topshop, moto, jacket

j, crew, skirt, topshop, moto, jacket, cat, eye, sunglasses

j, crew, skirt, topshop, moto, jacket, cat, eye, sunglasses

j, crew, skirt, topshop, moto, jacket, cat, eye, sunglasses
Zara shoes (very similar) // H&M feather necklace // Skirt // Top // Vintage bracelet // La Mer Watch // H&M jacket



black and blue

4 comments:

  1. Inspiraton really does come from all over! I love this combination, mixing neutrals is always so sophisticated.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how I wear so little black that I forget that it exists let alone acts as a neutral!

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with this look. One question, what brand/color is your lipstick? It really pops

    www.ThatGreekChick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left a comment on your blog because I couldn't find your email on it. It's a discontinued mac shade but Yu by nars and Candy yum yum by Mac are super similar. Also Schiap by Nars. Hope this helps!

      Delete