Cover-Up Pool Style

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

In my personal opinion, swimsuit coverups can be pretty tricky, but my girl Samantha of the blog Gold Coast Girl nailed it! Samantha and I got a chance to get together poolside and hang out all while showcasing our summer swimsuit cover-up style.

I love how chic her look is, and how easily it could be worn to a beachside cafe. Samantha mixed a bold pink coverup and mirrored sunglasses with neutral summer basics like her black Tory Burch sandals and a straw hat and beach bag

roberta, roller, rabbit, cover, up
Outfit details: Cover-up: Roberta Roller Rabbit (on sale) // Hat: H&M // Sandals: Tory Burch // Bag: Old from Spain (cute option here) // Towel: Target // Sunnies: H&M (similar)

Learn a little more about my summer-break-loving, fellow teacher friend Samantha here!!


What made you want to start a blog and how did you come up with the name?
I have always had an obsession with fashion ever since I was little. I am a huge fan of reading fashion blogs so one day I just went for it and decided to start my own. I wanted to express my own voice, style, and creativity. I came up with the name Gold Coast Girl because I grew up in that area and live there now. I liked how it sounded, so I went for it.

How would you describe your style? 
I love all things black, gold, leopard, sequined, and hot pink. I feel like my style is a mix of preppy + feminine with a splash of edge.


What trends are you loving this summer? 
I too am obsessed with rompers. They are super fun, extremely comfortable, and a great go-to when you want to give your summer dress the day off. I also love the comeback of the overalls. They too are very comfortable and go great with tanks and sandals. 

What are your beach bag essentials? 
When packing my beach bag, I must include: sunscreen (I am currently into Coppertone Clearly Sheer SPF 30) , a water bottle (loving the glass Lifefactory ones), my iPhone and headphones, EOS lip balm, a headband to keep my hair back, some mirrored aviators (like THESE), and THIS fabulous towel I got from Target (it has pockets and I am loving it). 

Tell me about your favorite summertime activities in Chicago? 
I LOVE Chicago in the summertime! I am all about going for walks and runs on the beach bike path, having picnics in Millennium Park, and meeting friends for some rooftop cocktails. I also love the weekend street festivals and dining al fresco.

roberta, roller, rabbit, cover, up

straw, beach, bag, tory, burch, miller

roberta, roller, rabbit, cover, up

poop, chicago, rooftop

roberta, roller, rabbit, cover, up

roberta, roller, rabbit, cover, up

Sam also shared what she keeps in her beach bag...
beach, bag

coolibar, hat
See my outfit details and more over on Samantha's blog today!
Photo Credit: Peggy of HAMR

Shop this post by clicking the images below!



1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic, Jill!! Summer vacay is agreeing with you. Love the *candid* 'reading magazines and lounging' shot LOL.

    ReplyDelete