Boho Dress

Monday, July 21, 2014

Don't you just love a good easy summer dress. I especially like having a few long sleeve options during the summer because you never know what you're going to get with our Chicago weather. 

I've been trying to branch out with silhouettes on dresses and tops in my wardrobe this summer. After looking at everything I wear daily and knowing what shapes I'm drawn too (hello pencil skirt addict), especially when teaching, I never really wear flowy dresses or tops. I guess I've always had it in my head that they make you look bigger, but I see girls wearing them all over the place and never think that they look big. So I have decided maybe I can be one of those floaty-clothes wearing girls too. 

My first attempt seen here was super painless because the shirt was gifted to me by Madison and Berkeley when I visited their showroom in NYC a few weeks back. I was surprised how something so loose could still be flattering and comfortable. I think I'm starting to see why so many ladies love these types of pieces.

I'm still working on embracing the "shapeless" trend, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. Anyone else stuck in that same mindset as me? And how do you make those shapeless pieces look so effortless and enviably glam?

la, vie, boho, dress, forever, 21, Tilda, Sole, Society

la, vie, boho, dress, forever, 21, Tilda, Sole, Society

la, vie, boho, dress, forever, 21, Tilda, Sole, Society

la, vie, boho, dress, forever, 21, Tilda, Sole, Society, asos, bucket, bag

la, vie, boho, dress, forever, 21, Tilda, Sole, Society
Sandals: Sole Society (on sale for 70% off till Tuesday!!!) // Dress: Forever 21 (runs kind of big, mine is a small) // Purse: ASOS // Sunglasses: Loft // Watch: La Mer (thrifted!)


2 comments:

  1. what a great dress! I love the mixed prints, and of course blue and white is always a favorite!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress Jill! You look adorable as always!!

    ReplyDelete